The Faith Experiences encouraged at Assumption School promotes an atmosphere of living our Catholic faith – daily.
• Weekly Liturgies at 9:00am on Thursdays; and on Holy Days of Obligation for grades PreK-8. Each class has several opportunities during the year to plan, lector, serve, and lead songs at Mass.
• The students also practice Liturgical Music one time per week.
• Sacramental Preparation for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist occurs during Second Grade.
• The Sacrament of Reconciliation is offered to students during Advent and Lent during school hours.
• Middle School plans a Retreat each year to strengthen their faith and friendships.
• St. Nick’s Day is a program facilitated by the parents to remind students of the history of St. Nicolas and start off the holiday season.
• Christmas Program each December.
• Boys and Girls in grades 4-8 may be Altar Servers for Assumption School and Parish Masses.
• Stewardship is taught in November in preparation for receiving Offertory envelopes for the year.
• Ash Wednesday Mass and the reception of ashes begin Lent for our students.
• Stations of the Cross grades 1-8 with are encouraged to recite stations of the cross with our parish each Friday evening in Lent.
• A Holy Week Service is celebrated by all students.
• Each year, the 5th grades attend a special Liturgy with the Archbishop at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Denver. They are joined with all of the other 5th grade students from Catholic schools throughout the Denver Archdiocese.
• This year 6th/7th grade will receive the right of Confirmation in May.
• All students participate in service projects throughout the year. Individual classes do service projects, and their are at least two school-wide service projects a year. Last year the student body collected over $1300 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and also collected over 20 boxes of toiletries for Samaritan House and Catholic Charities.