Child Faith Formation
Faith Formation classes are provided for students in our parish who have not completed their sacrament of Baptism and are 7 to 17 years old and for students in our parish who have not completed their sacrament of First Holy Communion and are 9 to 17 years old.
The program is designed for students in our parish to continue their education in our faith.
In these classes you will learn about sacraments and living our Catholic Faith. These classes will help you to become the best Christian you can be.
The instructors, sponsors and congregation are here to support you along the way. The community of Assumption looks forward to watching you grow in your faith and are committed to strengthening our faith with you.
We would like for you to prepare yourself for the journey ahead. Please be punctual, bring writing materials and a bible or a bible study guide with you to each class.
• Age range is 11 years to 17 years old.
• Family must be registered 6 month minimum prior to registration
• Family must regularly attend weekend mass, regularly tithe.
• Registration fee paid: $50 / student
(family registered at Assumption).
• Registration fee paid: $100 / student
(family not registered at Assumption).
• Payments must be made by check (payable to Assumption Church) or cash (receipt is provided).
• Download and complete Religious Education Registration form.
• All student registrations require submission of copies of the following documents:
– Birth Certificate
– Baptism Certificate (if sacrament has been received)
– First Communion Certificate (if sacrament has been received)
• Set appointment to deliver all paperwork and payment to Assumption Office, 303.288.2442 prior to classes starting.
• Financial assistance is available for those in need. Contact the Parish Office.
• Researching and choosing a Saint Name
• Writing a report on the Life of the Saint you choose
• Participation in a retreat
• Completing service hours
• Naming Sponsors and providing contact information
Class Schedule for 2016-17:
• Instructor Training meeting: TBD
• Classes will meet Sundays 10:00 am – 10:50 am
• Class schedules will be available in August, 2016
• Check the Sunday Bulletin or contact the Parish Office for more information.
RCIA and RCIC will celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation on May 23, 2017 with the congregation of the parish of:
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
3549 Navajo Street
Denver, CO 80211
Instructors: Volunteers for class instructors 18 years and older are required to complete a “Child Safety” class. These “Child Safety” classes are available in our parish.
Assistants: Students in 9th grade and older and parents are always welcome to assist in our classes.