Knights of Columbus – Council #3268
“Celebrating Our 132nd Anniversary”
In 1882, a parish priest, Father Micheal J. McGivney founded the organization in New Haven Connecticut to provide for widows and orphans of impoverished immigrants. Since that time the Knights have grown to an organization with almost 2 million members and families worldwide.
Our founding vision continues to this day in many ways. We provide life insurance and other financial products aimed at securing the financial stability of our members and their families.
This philosophy of striving for charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism remains the backbone of the Knights’ mission even today as local councils formed to provide individual assistance to widows, orphans and needy families.
There are many Councils throughout Colorado. The Coronado Council, #3268 established in 1900 sponsors two parishes in the Denver Archdiocese: Holy Cross Catholic Church in Thornton and Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church in Welby.
The Council gives out over $10,000.00 a year in donations to our parishes and other Knights of Columbus State Charities and other needy organizations.
We are always looking for good men who strive to live by Catholic Values and wish to help and serve others. Please join us, there are no prerequisites other than being a Catholic in good standing and paying the very nominal ($30) annual dues. We look forward to meeting you and serving with you.
Joe Vargas, Deputy Grand Knight phone: 720.226.1623 email: jxvarga(at)msn.com
The Ladies Auxiliary – Council #3268
The Ladies Auxiliary also has a very active membership as they sponsor various fundraisers and functions throughout the year for their special charities. The Ladies Auxiliary often contribute time and effort by providing support and assistance to the Knights of Columbus in preparing meals, refreshments, coordinating activities and other necessary components for successful events.
Catholic ladies age 18 and older are encouraged to join the Ladies Auxiliary and support the efforts of the Knights of Columbus.
Some of the activities of the Knights of Columbus and Ladies Auxiliary include:
- Weekly public prayer in front of the Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic at 38th and Pontiac Street
- Providing Friday pick-up and delivery for the school food bank
- Hosting fish dinners during Lent
- Volunteering at Bingo nights on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings
- Hosting the St. Patrick’s Day dinner
- Leading the Rosary for Memorial funerals
- Conducting an essay contest for the school children
- Hosting a free monthly breakfast after all Sunday Masses
- Hosting the Catholic Schools Week kick-off breakfast after Sunday morning Masses
- Conducting a basketball free throw contest for the parish and community
- Distributing clothing/cash to local charities